HTCI is designed to conduct religious wedding ceremonies and other family sacraments in a semi private setting without interruption to regularly scheduled Temple programs. While you can bring your own Priest to conduct the services, it is mandatory that the Temple Priest is consulted and involved.
Nearly 500 attendees can gather in the Assembly Hall to witness the wedding being conducted in a temple setting . A beautiful teakwood Mantapam is available for the wedding. The adjoining two-story facility provides a reception area for the arriving guests. The lower level of the Temple has been finished as a Banquet Hall with attached kitchen, catering, rest room and storage facilities. Wedding receptions and banquets can be held here with 300 plus people being served at any one time. A performance stage is available to entertain the guests.
Please consult the rates and usage guidelines below. Unfortunately, the Temple cannot negotiate beyond the posted rates. Then, check the Temple Calendar to see if the temple room you are requesting is available. Please contact email@example.com to book.
Standard Rental Rates
1. Banquet Hall Rental:
- Friday through Sunday: $300 (up to 6 Hours) (Only available after 4PM on Saturdays & Sundays)
- Monday through Thursday: $200 (up to 6 Hours)
- All Day Saturday or Sunday: $1000
- (Kitchen included for warming up food)
2. Kitchen Rental:
- Kitchen for Cooking $250 (up to 12 hours) (Usually available only with Banquet Hall rental)
3. Lower Level Stage (available only with the Banquet Hall) $50
4. P.A. system or LCD Projector (only available with banquet hall rental) Free
5. Mezzanine Rooms $50 per hour per room
6. Upstairs Auditorium Only available for HTCI
Sponsored Programs & Weddings
Basic Rental for Wedding: $3,000
What does it include?
- Auditorium and Mantap Stage and the audio system
- Sanctum remains open to the Devotees; but can be used for Deity Pooja as part of the wedding
- Full use of kitchen and cooking vessels (The Temple will not schedule the Annadatha Program during the wedding weekend)
- Banquet Hall and the Downstairs Stage with the audio/video functionality
- Tables and chairs (Available chairs to seat 400 people upstairs and downstairs simultaneously)
- Setup of tables and chairs, decorating & cleaning is the responsibility of the lessee; the facility is available for set up during the week preceding and the rental weekend
- While the observed sacrament is private, at no time, there can be signs discouraging devotees from seeking entry into the Temple. The signs posted can not deface the facility in any way.
- Priest Services $501
- Available decoration material for Mantap $250
- Chafing Dishes (temple has 14) $15 each
- China plate (400 available) 0.40 cents each
- China Dessert Bowl - small 0.30 cents each
- Silverware – spoons(500), forks(539), knives 0.38 cents each piece
- Serving Spoons - 19 long, 5 medium,1 ladle $1.10 each
- Tablecloths $5 each (some round & some rectangular)
- Water pitchers (plastic) $1.75 each
- Coffeemaker (one 60-cup) $10.50
- Centerpieces $3 each
Italicized items are based on available (American Rental) market rates.
- Rental fee and a $250 security deposit must be paid in advance of using the facility
- Part or all of the rental fees maybe considered as donation to HHC depending on IRS guidelines – this is for temple membership only. Please consult with your tax accountant.
- Rental Rates have been determined keeping in mind the cost to build the facility, the cost to maintain the facility and to keep it in good repair.
- Rental Rates are subject to change at any time.
Temple Facility Use Policy
- Leave the Facility in better or cleaner condition than when you found it.
- Footwear is allowed everywhere except in the two mezzanine rooms, upstairs auditorium and the adjoining Sanctum.
- Food and beverages are only allowed in the atrium, kitchen and the banquet hall.
- No food or beverages in the Sanctum, upstairs Auditorium or the Mezzanine rooms.
- Only Vegetarian food and non-alcoholic beverages can be served Smoking is not permitted inside the facility.
- Use only that portion of the facility that you need to.
- Absolutely no staple, thumbtacks, nails, or duct tapes are to be used to decorate.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Homa is allowed only in the fireplace.
- Take all garbage out including garbage in bathrooms and put it inside the garbage receptacle and close the lid. (Otherwise, raccoons will tear up the bag and spread the garbage all over the lawn).
Before you leave the facility, make sure that:
- All toilets are flushed
- All lights are turned off
Kitchen & Banquet Hall Specific
- The gas valve should be turned on (vertical is closed, horizontal is open) to light the pilots for each of the appliances. They are behind each appliance. They should then be turned off when the cooking is done. The gas range with multiple burners, it is imperative that all the pilots are lighted once the gas is turned on, even if you are using only one burner. Otherwise the gas will continue to leak and this is a fire hazard
- There can be cooking only under the hood with the exhaust system turned on. During the winter months, the heat switch should be turned on in addition to the fans.
- Please make sure that the kitchen is spotless – no dirty dishes in the sink, no food remnants in the sink, and the sink and any and all appliances used are cleaned. Used cooking oil should be poured into the drum placed under the deck just outside the kitchen.
- Wipe down all the tables with wet cloth so it is ready for next Sunday.
- Be sure to sweep and mop all areas that were used – the kitchen (under the tables included). Before you leave the facility, make sure that:
- All the gas valves to appliances are turned off
- The exhaust and the heat switches are turned off